Thursday, December 20, 2007

!

Just a quick post. Heading out tomorrow for a back country skiing trip - and I'm not packing any knitting! Argh! I might reconsider, we'll be spending a lot of time in the hut at night.

We've been on a Craft Night hiatus, and I've been craving it. I miss knitting with other people! But I've gotten some things done. Finished two Wisps as presents, and actually managed to send one off in a timely fashion. I need to learn to block more gently, b/c I kind of killed both of the with overstretching.. the charm of the pattern is in the fluff and loopiness.

Cast on a pair of Matrix mittens from this season's Knitty, but although the pattern is very simple, I chose poorly for yarn and will probably have to scrap it. Pictures later!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hi! what is a wisp? miss kitty is such a star! my 17-yr. old cassi recently passed away. done to 5 cats and 2 dogs. one day i will be brave enough to try a pair of mittens. i am still at the triangle shawls stage!

Sunswept said...

Hi! Wisp is a lovely little lace scarf pattern from Knitty that you can find here. It's small and easy and quick, and they turn out quite pretty. Go for the mittens! The Thrummed Mittens pattern is really easy, especially if you leave out the thrums (little bits of fiber knitted in to make them warmer). The only tricky part is dealing with double-pointed needles :) Good luck!