Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Pattern woes

Oh, no!!! The pullover I mentioned in the previous entry was Greengables, which you can find on Rav if you have an account - the pattern was free last week when I bought the yarn. When I went to download the pattern, expecting my yarn to ship, oh, any day now, THE PATTERN IS GONE! It is going to appear in Vogue and so is no longer free :(( More than that, it's not going to be available until August. I'm very torn - I'm happy for Tikru that she's gotten this one in Vogue, but, dammit, I want to start knitting before then! I tried to wheedle it out of her, but she's obligated not to give the pattern out. Sigh.

So my advice, fellow knitters, is: download the pattern. Even if it's on a stable site like Knitty.. you never know when technical issues or contract disagreements or whatever will take it away, and then you'll be stuck. Just be safe and get hard copy as quickly as possible.